Buscar este blog

lunes, 15 de febrero de 2010

Making kids smile

Refreshing my personal blog, I found this picture taken in a trip to India while I was doing some volunteer help at Mother Theresa's foundation and donating some money of behalf of the company that I worked for at that time.
Seeing this kids smile just reminded me of a great initiative I promoted in Argentina which was one of the best days of my life: giving poor kids a reason to smile for a day. The action consisted in celebrating with them Xmas and bringing Santa with one gift for each one of them on behalf of our clients. We decided to do that action instead of giving our clients a Xmas gift (usually merchandising they'll put away and never remember they had it). Our clients received a picture of the kid who received the gift on their behalf with a thank you note and their name. Results?
You would never forget those kids face when they saw Santa coming in with a bag full of 100 wrapped gifts for them... and then, our client's faces when they saw the video we did and the Xmas cards they received for kids.
Giving is always one of the best things you can do for yourself.

No hay comentarios: